[meteorite-list] Finmarken/Marjalahti stability

From: Alexander Seidel <ase_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:01 2004

Hello list,

How are experiences with the Finmarken and Marjalahti pallasites with
respect to stability?

Alex

P.S. Esquel and Imilac are non-rusters under "normal" conditions of
humidity, without any extra treatment necessary, and my Albin pallasite
slice has also been stable for years till today. In my early collector
years I once had a Brenham, beautiful when I bought it, which horribly
rusted away in the course of just a few months. Very disappointing to
see such a beauty disintegrate - I would never buy this again, even if
it were offered as being from a stable portion of the meteorite.
--
 Alexander Seidel  | Home position on planet Earth: |