[meteorite-list] Agreements with property owners

From: Maria Haas <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:11 2004

Dear List,

In the near future I plan to approach a property owner with a lot of
farmland near where I live for permission to hunt meteorites. I have walked
other people's fields with permission but have never known what type of
agreement to make with a property owner for a meteorite find. I would be
more comfortable if I had something in writing before a situation presents
itself.

I wondered if you would please share your agreements and experiences (good
and bad) with property owners as it relates to a find.

Any guidance you can provide will help,
Maria Haas