[meteorite-list] Nininger to Perry letter, Sept. 29, 1950

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:12 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0029_01C41C7D.FBC073C0

(American Meteorite Museum Letterhead)
AMERICAN METEORITE MUSUEM
OPPOSITE METEOR CRATER ON HIGHWAY 66
POST OFFICE BOX 1171
WINSLOW ARIZONA

September 29, 1950
Mr. S. H. Perry
Adrian, Michigan
Dear Friend Perry:
I am enclosing some of my recently discovered metallic droplets which we =
take from the soil magnetically here around the big crater.
You may have these if, in return, you will furnish me some photomicrograp=
hs of them, with your idea as my very definite opinion that they are cond=
ensation products.
These are proving the most important find that I have made for many years=
 They are in great abundance but are so mixed up with so much magnetic "=
junk" that a small group like this I am sending represents a half day's w=
ork. They are mounted in selectron plastic.
Sincerely,
(signed)
H.H. Nininger
HHN: AN
P. S. We finally finished up the attempt to secure the Peruvian meteorite=
 and came up with a little piece about 1 1/2" in diameter weighing 108 gr=
ams. The poor fellow was unable to get the specimen out of the country be=
cause of religious prejudice and legal interference. He was near being im=
prisoned. The whole story will be written for publication.
HHN

------=_NextPart_001_0029_01C41C7D.FBC073C0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>(American Meteorite Museum Letterhead)</P> <P>AMERICAN METEORITE MUS=
UEM</P> <P>OPPOSITE METEOR CRATER ON HIGHWAY 66</P> <P>POST OFFICE BOX 11=
71</P> <P>WINSLOW ARIZONA</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>September 29, 1950</P> <P>=
Mr. S. H. Perry</P> <P>Adrian, Michigan</P> <P>Dear Friend Perry:</P> <P>=
I am enclosing some of my recently discovered metallic droplets which we =
take from the soil magnetically here around the big crater.</P> <P>You ma=
y have these if, in return, you will furnish me some photomicrographs of =
them, with your idea as my very definite opinion that they are condensati=
on products.</P> <P>These are proving the most important find that I have=
 made for many years. They are in great abundance but are so mixed up wit=
h so much magnetic "junk" that a small group like this I am sending repre=
sents a half day's work. They are mounted in selectron plastic.</P> <P>Si=
ncerely,</P> <P>(signed)</P> <P>H.H. Nininger</P> <P>HHN: AN</P> <P>P. S.=
 We finally finished up the attempt to secure the Peruvian meteorite and =
came up with a little piece about 1 1/2" in diameter weighing 108 grams. =
The poor fellow was unable to get the specimen out of the country because=
 of religious prejudice and legal interference. He was near being impriso=
ned. The whole story will be written for publication.</P> <P>HHN</P></FON=