[meteorite-list] Perry to Nininger Letter, Jan. 1, 1950

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:12 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0028_01C41C7D.AF47E230

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)
January 1, 1949 (It appears Perry wrote the wrong date, this should read =
January 1, 1950)
Dear Nininger:
I was glad to get your letter the other day stating the Peru iron is goin=
g forward, and hope it arrives by February which I think it should. The r=
eason I name that time is that we are going home about February 7 and sai=
l for Italy on February 21; so I am hoping that it arrives so we can at l=
east talk about before I go. It is good to get another octahedrite from d=
own there, as most of the irons from that region are hexahedrites and pre=
tty much alike.
I left the section of the furnace bolt with my man in Ann Arbor before le=
aving home, and in due time I expect he will send me the pictures. The et=
ched surface shows a peculiar very large granulation which I never happen=
 to have observed before in artificial iron.
We are going to be gone about four months in Europe -- two months in Ital=
y, then a while in France, and a month or more in England. My daughter an=
d her husband will be with us and we are looking forward to a fine trip
With all good wishes for the New Year,
Sincerely,
(Stuart Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original se=
nt to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)

(Letter transcribed by Mark Bostick, www.meteoritearticles.com)

------=_NextPart_001_0028_01C41C7D.AF47E230

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV><FONT size=3D2=
> <P>(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)</P> <P>J=
anuary 1, 1949 (It appears Perry wrote the wrong date, this should read J=
anuary 1, 1950)</P> <P>Dear Nininger:</P> <P>I was glad to get your lette=
r the other day stating the Peru iron is going forward, and hope it arriv=
es by February which I think it should. The reason I name that time is th=
at we are going home about February 7 and sail for Italy on February 21; =
so I am hoping that it arrives so we can at least talk about before I go.=
 It is good to get another octahedrite from down there, as most of the ir=
ons from that region are hexahedrites and pretty much alike.</P> <P>I lef=
t the section of the furnace bolt with my man in Ann Arbor before leaving=
 home, and in due time I expect he will send me the pictures. The etched =
surface shows a peculiar very large granulation which I never happen to h=
ave observed before in artificial iron.</P> <P>We are going to be gone ab=
out four months in Europe -- two months in Italy, then a while in France,=
 and a month or more in England. My daughter and her husband will be with=
 us and we are looking forward to a fine trip</P> <P>With all good wishes=
 for the New Year,</P> <P>Sincerely,</P> <P>(Stuart Perry - name is missi=
ng as this is the file copy. The original sent to Nininger would have bee=
n signed by Perry)</P> <P>&nbsp;</P> <P>(Letter transcribed by Mark Bosti=
ck, <A href=3D"http://www.meteoritearticles.com">www.meteoritearticles.co=
m</A>)</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0028_01C41C7D.AF47E230--