[meteorite-list] IT IS FINALLY HERE !!!!!!! : )

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:13 2004

Hi Tom,
        Congratulations on your web site - and on having such a talented and
giving daughter!
        First, I would like to say WOW! Terrific job! Great images, links,
photo work, etc. If I had designed a web site that cool first time out
I would have been ecstatic! (I owe my first web page(s) to the incredibly
generous - as well as gifted, Paul Harris of Meteorite Exchange, to whom
I will be ever grateful).
        A few things I would change - and please note that, in my opinion,
all of my suggestions are personal preferences and not necessarily
objectively valid. However, you asked, so here goes....
1) I don't know HOW I got to the Portales Valley section, as I could never
find it again. If you want people to go there, you need a clear link.
2) In the Portales section there were no prices. I assumed these were
offered for sale? If not, you might want to mention they are only for
admiration - if they are, prices would be crucial to include (in my
opinion)
3) most if not all the click to pages replaced the prior page. These can be
set to create a new page, leaving "home" always available to the viewer. I
prefer this greatly, myself.
4) On the "Contact Me" link, there were link "click-to" buttons that had no
function. The email address, itself, was the click-to - and, of course, the
phone number and snail mail address have no click-to aspect. You might
consider removing the click-to buttons on that page.
5) I thought the image of the peregrine inside the large Portalis V. slice
was killer and would immediately replace that image on my ID cards, as
it is far more striking than the nice, but not nearly so handsome image
currently being used.
6) On none of the Peregrine links could I find information on sources to
learn how to pursue ownership, care and feeding of Peregrines or other
birds of prey. It would be cool to link to (a) source(s) offering books,
head gear, gloves, instructions on proper housing, care, feeding, events,
etc. I suspect such sources exist - one would need to have such sources to
learn how to feed and care for such magnificent creatures.
        As I write this, it occurs to me some of the changes I have made in
my head to my own site, but have never initiated due to "being so busy"
and to my limited web site manipulation skills. It strikes me as a bit
ironic to be giving you feedback under such circumstances!
        I think inclusion of the Peregrine section enhances your site a good
deal, rather than detracting from the meteorites. It gives the visitor
insight into your personal passion and is visually striking and educational.
        Anyway, that's my feedback.
        Again, what a terrific job your daughter did!
        Best wishes, Michael

on 4/8/04 5:55 PM, Tom aka James Knudson at knudson911_at_frontiernet.net

--
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" I think he probably
meant don't kill them.
           Anonymous
--
For perspective, try THIS:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html
--
cool message fro Ben & Jerry:
www.TrueMajority.org/oreo
--
AMAZING photos of Aurora Borealis, etc.
http://faculty.rmwc.edu/tmichalik/atmosphere.htm
--
Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--