[meteorite-list] Main mass of Oum Dreyga (Amgala) recovered !

From: Christian Anger <christian.anger_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:14 2004

I am wondering if Oum Dreyga (Amgala) will be accepted by the Nomcom as =
witnessed fall.
As long as it is not confirmed to be a fall, it is still nothing other =
thing
than a find.

My personal opinion is, that it will be not accepted for 100%.

Just see the latest MetBull 88 what happened to Bensour.
It is listed as "found, possible fall"
Long faces in the collectors community - it was stated as a fall since =
it
appeared on the market.
And now ??? What is it - a hybrid ? Paid for a fall, got a "found, =
possible
fall".
And this took 2 years to find out. I think it is a solomonic decision of =
the
Nomcom.

And this is not the only one :=20
It was the same with NWA 820 (Hassi Labyade). The Nomcom did not accept =
it
as a fall.

Let's wait and see how much kgs really appear and if it will be a fall =
or
not.

Cheers,

Christian