[meteorite-list] Amgala, Bensour, Zag Questions

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:15 2004

Hi John, Christian and List,

Sorry it took so long to respond to some issues that are arising regarding
Amgala, Bensour and Zag. We have been extremely busy reorganizing our
collection in anticipation of moving so have been a little slow to respond
these days.

First off, everything we sold as Amgala is Amgala and not Zag and we stand
behind this 100%. We only mentioned Zag because another dealer who was
trying to get Amgala, got Zag instead. The situation has been rectified and
no Zag made it into the retail channel being sold as Amgala as far as we
know.

The second issue of Bensour not being named as a formal fall is because no
coordinates were provided to the NomCom. Witness statements were taken and
translated into English from several sources. These were scanned and
submitted to Dr. Jutta Zipfel who formally handled material from this region
for the NomCom. If somebody who as actually been to the Bensour region
wants to provide us with coordinates we will be happy to submit them to the
NomCom to complete its fall status. I know a few people have claimed to
have been there but when asked for coordinates, none were forthcoming.

And finally, coordinates and witness statements have been collected for
Amgala so formal fall status should be awarded without problem once
classification is completed.

All the best,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection