[meteorite-list] Amgala allegatons: fact or fancy?

From: John Birdsell <birdsell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Aug 9 00:07:22 2004

Dear List and Adam. Adam, in a recent email to the
list (see below) you claimed that "~65% of the
dealers" selling Amgalas were selling something other
than Amgala. Neither Mark Bostick, nor we have seen
anyone selling fake Amgalas and we find this claim of
yours somewhat difficult to believe. Could you please
tell the meteorite-list members the facts upon
which your statistics were based? It
seems that if you are going to make serious
allegations that smear "~65% of the dealers" out
there, at a minimum you should back your allegations
with facts. We are sure the whole meteorite community
(including the "~65% of dealers" supposedly selling
fake Amgalas) would greatly appreciate hearing the evidence
upon which your based your statement.

Thanks

John & Dawn
Arizona Skies Meteorites

Adam Hupe wrote:

Hi Matteo and List,

Apparently you have run into some dishonesty, I
believe it is called a bait and switch situation.
You think you are buying Amgala and you get Zag
instead, a common occurrence these days. The Amgala
fall is real, ~65% of the dealers who think they are
selling the real McCoy are in error because
they believe their Moroccan supplier. You can blame
this on the source, not the dealers who are marketing it.

Kind Regards,