[meteorite-list] Earths core

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 10 12:01:56 2004

Mark,

The problem wasn't the text but the fact that I never heard about this
theory.
I guess that the hollow earth community and the creationists are more vocal
than the nuclear core community... ;-)

I usually see myself having an open mind, but attacking that theory in
that way and then taken down by this article makes me feel like you
cought me with my pants down.
I guess I just have to learn from the experience. It's healthy for your
ego to get caught some times so it doesn't grow too big.... :-)

The article were quite interesting but sadly it lacked details on how the
enrichment of the fissible material should be explained. I haven't had
time to track down the reference either.
I'm also curious if there have been any studies of the ratio U235/U238
in deep mantle magmas, the ratio in the reactor core should be 0.0747
(table 2) compared to all surface deposits with a ratio of 0.0720.
Even if a core sample is diluted on it's way up it might be possible to
measure the difference. Any measurements with a differing ratio
would be a heavy argument for the core reactor.
Are there any such measurements made on meteorites or lunar material?

I'm a bit too busy to follow up on this research, maybe I'll track it down
during the winter, but right now I'm spending my free time on hunting for
pieces from the meteor that blowed up 50km from my home. :-)

/G?ran