[meteorite-list] Meteorite with holes?!?

From: Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 18 07:51:15 2004

Hey Graham,

That's a really good point which I also considered too however the stone is
no less solid than most other ordinary chondrites out there. The holes are
also too varied in size and often of an irregular nature to be the result of
dislodged chondrules. Quite a few are also more of an oval shape too.
Apologies as that's probably a little hard to see in the photos. If they are
vesicles, I don't know how they could have formed. Maybe the stone was part
of a larger impact melt?

Thanks,

Jeff Kuyken
I.M.C.A. #3085