[meteorite-list] New Meteorite from Turlock, CA?

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 21 14:36:17 2004

I was almost writing that reply myself a while ago.

In the picture you see the size of it in their hand and I would have
guessed it
should be about a kg (don't know what that is in ounces...) if it were a
meteorite.
And it was still warm and smoke came out of the largest one... I would have
guessed on dog droppings but they ruled that out. So my second guess is to
see if the neighbours had a failed barbeque last night. ;-)

Sounds more like a hoax than a meteorite.

    :-)

/G?ran