[meteorite-list] New Meteorite from Turlock, CA?

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 21 15:19:06 2004

Dear List,

There is not a single thread of sense to this whole story. I think the
failed barbecue next door statement is probably the best theory I have heard
so far. My hypothesis is that a piece of fecal matter was left behind by a
neighborhood dog in a pre-dug hole left behind from the pulling of a weed.
This happened sometime after the newspaper boy slapped a paper off of the
front of their house accounting for the thud noise. The noxious canine
material then spontaneously combusted.

All the best,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection