[meteorite-list] Are Meteorites For Boys Only?

From: moni waiblinger-seabridge <moni2555_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 21 17:48:51 2004

Guten Abend Bernd und Martin and Hi List!

First Bernd, I really agree that is a gorgeous slice of Tambo Quemado!
Its really *einmalig*! ;-)

To the question is it for boys only, well, I guess we all know better,
because there is Anne Black, Twink Monrad, Tracy, Maria, Teresa Moss and my
friend Cuc Schaeffer and me that I am aware of.
Compared to the men on the list it is not too many of us.
Cuc and I went meteorite hunting just the other day without a man! ;-)
I have two sisters, one in Germany who is into fossils and a sister in
Queensland, Australia, whose closets are full of rocks!
I believe it was our upbringing, because our parents were very much into the
outdoors and nature.
I will always be very grateful to Bob Verish to introduce me to meteorites,
because when I look at them in my curio, I feel as I am the most fortunate
and luckiest person to ever have found these rocks from space!
My perspective is not from a collectors point of view, because I mostly
collect only the ones I find.
I love to be in the desert, love to see the wild life, wild horses, unusual
lizards, badgers, and almost stepping on a Mojave green rattlesnake!
Love the hot winds, the 1/2 inch hail beating down on us, getting stuck in
the mud and the night sky with the millions of stars shining on us.

Its like they say: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments
that take our breath away!

My friend Cuc also loves to be outdoors and to be looking for them
meteorites, besides we do get a great suntan! ;-)

I am sure other 'meteorite huntresses or collectors' will add to my respond.

Sternengruss, Moni