[meteorite-list] Question: SAH99150 & SAH00225

From: Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Aug 22 09:12:20 2004

G'day Martin & Bernhard,

I purchased a 187.80g Half Stone from a dealer's eBay auction with the
Labenne number "00225" written on it. Like yourself, when I later received
the piece and did some searching on the number I too realised that it had
been classified as an EL6. However, "Sahara 00225" has a TKW of just 64g. I
don't think my piece is an E chondrite. From what I could understand after
enquiring to the Labennes is that my meteorite is "00225" and not "Sahara
00225". Maybe Luc could add something more. Keep in mind that my piece is a
half stone meaning that it could be (minutely) possible there is another
150g-200g out there. I'll try and get some photos up on my site of my piece.

Cheers,

Jeff Kuyken
I.M.C.A. #3085
www.meteorites.com.au