[meteorite-list] Oriented Amgala individuals

From: fcressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Dec 2 12:32:17 2004

Hello all,

Todays "Rocks From Space Picture of the Day" of the oriented Amgala
individual brought a question to mind. In the May 2004 issue of "Meteorite"
magazine, Martin Horejsi wrote: "While the Bensour shower was filled with
wonderfully oriented individuals, Amgala was almost devoid of them with just
three found to date." Since that time additional Amgala individuals
obviously have been found and brought to market. As an "oriented Amgala"
owner, I'm curious as to the approximate number that now might be out there.
So, if you fellow "oriented Amgala owners" out there don't mind sending me
their information in, I'll go ahead and tabulate the results and then report
to the list.
As an aside, my oriented Amgala is a 32.5 gram stone.
Cheers,
Frank