[meteorite-list] [OT] eBay Fraud Alert

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Dec 2 12:43:39 2004

Dear Listees:

I received this today, and it's one of the more clever email frauds
I've seen. The web-savvy will immediately spot it as a fraud when
visiting the website. It's a pretty good fake, but you can see from
the URL that it's actually a Korean web address.

Anyway, since so many of you use eBay on a regular basis, just wanted
to share this with you.

Click on the link and check out the fake eBay sign-in site they've
created. And all of that, just to find out your passwords : )

Regards,

Geoff N.

************

We regret to inform you, that we had to block your eBay account
because we have been notified that your account may have been
compromised by outside parties.

Our terms and conditions you agreed to state that your account must
always be under your control
or those you designate at all times. We have noticed some activity
related to your account that
indicates that other parties may have access and or control of your
information in your account.

Please be aware that until we can verify your identity no further
access to your account will be allowed.As a result,Your access to bid
or buy on eBay has been restricted.To start using your eBay account
fully,Please uptake and verify your information by clicking below

<http://signin_ebay_com_account.ministop.co.kr:7301/ebay.htm>http://si
gnin.ebay.com/aw-c gi/eBayISAPI.dll?Verify

Regards,

eBay Member Service

**Please Do Not Reply To This E-mail As You Will Not Receive A Response**