AW: [meteorite-list] Pellisson, the end of a free meteorite hobby?

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 3 18:21:08 2004

Richard and Roland Pelisson, All,

Richard and Roland Pelisson wrote:

> And if Bruno Fectay has something to express why does he needs to
> write through N. Classen and not with his own email ?

This is ridiculous - I explained it in my initial post to the list.
Once again, for your records, I wrote:

>> I'm forwarding this message on behalf of Bruno & Carine.
>> They are having problems to post to the list, and thus they
>> asked me for assistance.

It's not that unusual that list members have problems to get through,
directly, and it's a very poor argument to create the impression as
if Bruno & Carine were hiding behind my emails/name - I posted this
on their behalf and in their name, and that's as good as if they had
posted it themselves. There, here you go...

> Regarding our web page on NWA meteorites, the French court decided
> in our favor:
> "Il ne peut ?tre contest? que le d?bat sur les lieux de d?couvertes
> des m?t?orites est l?gitime et pr?sente un int?r?t scientifique. La
> m?me l?gitimit? doit ?tre reconnue pour les discussions sur le
> transport et les op?rations commerciales relatives ? ces m?t?orites"
>
> We hope that everybody can return to his passion. And we wish that those
> interested by the subject will wait for the official decision.

Some things might be legal, but that doesn't make them legitimate, nor
ethical. You started the whole argument about "money for terrorism", and
now you have the nerve to tell us to "return to our passion", as if
nothing had happened? Come on! If you have ANY hard proof that ANY
NWA funds were used to support terrorism, or Islamistic networks, go
ahead and forward it to this list, NOW. If you don't have such hard
proof, please go ahead and DELETE your most disgusting page, ASAP, and
stop playing games with us. It will be then that I can "return to my
passion", and this has absolutely nothing to do with decissions in
court, but just with common sense, and basic ethics.

'nough said,
Norbert