[meteorite-list] Decimal point vs. comma in numbers

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Dec 6 18:58:02 2004

Dear List;
I need to make point clear...99 percent of my BUYING PUBLIC are located
in the US of A. Those fraudulent spamers and non buying surfers that
waste time are normally from foreign countries. So to discourage those
that are not really purchasing, I put my descriptions in numerical form
that my buyers can readily recognize. Yes, I realize that science is in
decimals and grams but again, those that are my predominant source of my
income really appreciate my putting inches in inches so they can know
what in heck they are looking at. I have never had any complaints from
anyone over my choice of inches, feet, ounces and pounds and have over
600 auctions with 100% feed back. So, my buying public is very happy
and many many are repeat customers. For those that are piddling around
my auctions and want decimals and grams (I do weigh my meteorites and
fulgerites in grams as that is the industry standard) I do answer
questions. When I drove my camaro car, I did not use KPH, when I ride
my 4 wheeler, I do not search for a mm wrench but use a crescent
wrench.....so why do we mess with metric when I am not in a metric
oriented ...or orientated market?
Sincerely and from Wyoming (heart of red country, jesus land) where we
measure in inches and miles and barrels of oil, and cubic feet of gas,
and tons of ore, and pounds of beef, where's the beef?
Dave F.