[meteorite-list] The Meteorite Kid

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Dec 6 19:20:26 2004

Hi John, Jason and List,

John asked of Jason (aka "The Kid"):

> Jason,
> We met last year in Tucson. It was Sunday morning over at the Meteorite
> Man's room...the day you and your partner loaded that big chondrite into
> a small car going west. Did Rob ever give that thing up?Anyway...

I got to be a foster parent for a week or two, which was fun. That
Kansas chondrite was enormous! (The car actually wasn't ~that~ small --
Nissan Pathfinder). That specimen got to visit a couple famous meteorite
recovery locations (Franconia, Lucerne Valley) before eventually getting
returned to its new owner.

> John's advice: Enjoy being the Kid...it goes fast.

While Jason may be "a kid," he's probably one of the most successful
meteorite hunters (if not THE most) under the age of 16, and certainly
one of the more knowledgeable collectors and meteorite afficionados
of any age.

Cheers,
Rob