AW: [meteorite-list] RE: Dronino rusting

From: Jörn Koblitz <koblitz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Dec 7 04:26:03 2004

Dear Marcin,

Interesting results. The oxide shale is removed rather easily, but it will take considerable more time to get the salts out of the deep cracks in the metal portion of the meteorite. I suppose that 12 hrs will not be sufficient for such a thick slice. I had best result after about one week of electrochemical treatment. The good thing with this technique is that one can scale it up and treat numerous specimens at the same time.

J?rn