[meteorite-list] Algeria

From: meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Dec 7 05:23:05 2004

I've been to Algeria several times in the past years and it is definitely
NOT the worst place in the world. There are some security problems for sure,
but I can assure everybody that we have always been welcome by the
authorities when crossing the border in and out, and also at the checkpoints
on the roads or tracks, that are there for our security. People in Algeria
are also vey kind with tourists in their high majority, and this is a
minority of bandits that are doing craps, as always, providing this bad
reputation to the country. And when it comes to religion, I have never
suffered any bad situation in Algeria due to the fact that I'm not a muslem!
Tourists can tour in the south of Algeria and visit wonderful sites there
with competent guides, who are very friendly and love to share the beauties
of their country with us, showing us the vestiges of ancient civilisations
such as prehistoric paintings in caves or on rocks and so on.
So nobody is forced to go there, but I understand Michel who feels like
going there for X-Mas!!! I was there two years ago with a friend, his wife
and their 3 year old daughter, and we all had a wonderful time in the Hoggar
Tassili. The child has been treated as a little queen by ALL the people that
we met, civilians and military.
Just my word on the topic!
Kind regards to all List members,

Frederic Beroud