[meteorite-list] NWA supply slowing?

From: S. Ralew <stefan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Dec 9 09:11:07 2004

Hi Jamie, Bill, Bernhard and List,

yes, I also think that most of the interesting NWA-Meteorites are outside
Morocco and wait for a definite classification. I for example wait already
longer than a year for some classifications of rare pieces. The more unusual
the pieces are, the longer the classification lasts. Some interesting
Meteorite will come onto the market again and again in future. In my
experience the Moroccans hold little material back. Mostly, they immediately
take everything they have on the market. After my observation there are a
few signs for a near end of the nwa flood. On my last Morocco tour in Oct
2004 I have seen hardly any interesting material. The beautiful black desert
chondrites also have become very rare. And the prices are partly very high.
Some people in Morocco think that they are millionaires because they own a
500 g NWA869. ;-) Because of the high travelling expenses you can make
probably better deals on the big mineral shows than in Marocco at the
moment.

But Morocco is still a very beautiful country for me. The people there are
kind, tolerant and helpful mostly.
And, there must be an air corridor for meteorites. Bensour, Amgala and now
Benguerir - this pieces are great! Where can get you an absolutely fresh
fall for $3 - $6/ gm otherwise??

Best regards,
Stefan

SR-Meteorite