[meteorite-list] Tuesday night "sonic boom" over Myrtle Beach

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Dec 16 12:26:32 2004

Tuesday night's "sonic boom" over Myrtle Beach was
caused by military jets, not Geminid bolides:

>http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/10424587.htm>

Bob V.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:39:02 -0500
From: "Kim Youmans" <ksyo_at_bellsouth.net>
Subject: (meteorobs) Jets, not Geminids
To: "Global Meteor Observing Forum"
<meteorobs_at_meteorobs.org>

Jure, Roberto, and all,

     Looks like I made a good call...the military
confirmed that cold conditions caused two of their
fighter craft to have extended-range sonic booms that
would have occurred right at the time the sounds were
heard (inland).
No Geminids at fault here....
>http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/10424587.htm>

Kim Y.