[meteorite-list] Chiang Khan

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 17 01:49:33 2004

Bernard, Martin, list,

With all of our listees I also feel very sorry for Bernhard about the
burglary.
Bernhard, I wish you could rapidly overcome your angriness and re-positive
again. Positiving is perhaps, in this case, considering that the good news
is that the other 600 items were ignored by...ignorant burglars.
But life is full of (also) nice surprises. No doubt Stefan (Ralew) will
soon have some more beauties to propose you. I just remember his superb
display table in Ensisheim and regret not having found time to look more
closely at.

Regarding Chiang Khan, I agree that these are very seldom seen as offer.
There should be some nice pieces in collections or museums though.
I was lucky to acquire a complete 100% crusted individual of 41 grams
(probably from David New in the 1995's). Considering the mass existing in
other collections (I remember Haag is mentioning having a considerable
mass) I just wonder whether the TKW as mentioned in catalogs (also in
Meteorites from A to Z), namely only 367 grams (total 31 pieces recovered),
is correct?
Did someone make a (more recent) compilation or have updated repositories ?
Bernd ? J?rn ?

Best wishes,

Zelimir

A 22:44 16/12/04 +0100, vous avez ?crit :