[meteorite-list] Ensisheim 2005

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 17 02:58:33 2004

Hello List,

On the way back from a trip in Colombia (no meteorites there except the
elusive and inaccessible "Santa Rosa" - and I guess any search would be
tricky within the dense and humid jungle recovering most of the country), I
am able to tell you more about the next "Ensisheim-2005" show, this
replying many of your requests/questions.

The meeting will be held at the usual mythic place, the Regency Palace in
Ensisheim on the week preceding Ste Marie show, namely Friday 17-Sunday
June 19, 2005.

The theme retained is "Meteorites that caused damage to people, animals,
objects..." (elegant generic title to still be formulated - suggestions ?),
with a consequent descriptive display of renowned specimens (Peekskill,
Claxton and many others).

The palace opens by Friday morning for table setting for dealers. By 18:00,
the Palace will close and the enthroning ceremonies will start at 18:30
(with a couple of surprises) before we start a...show party!

Organizing such a party during the recent Munich show by some list members
was (and seems to have been) a wonderful and fully successful idea.
With regrets not being able to participate, we wish to repeat in Ensisheim
such a "side-show" by inviting all of you, dealers (and your own invited
guests - we stay quite flexible here), to share a dinner (and "related
beverages"...) all together, in the big tent, set up in the middle of the
Regency square.

The first drink ("aperitif") is offered by the organizing committee (you
might understand that we can't continue offering the drinks that will
inevitably follow, without risking bankrupt...).
This party is the opportunity for all of us to meet and chat and enjoy our
hobby, hoping most of us will survive until the next morning activities.

The show itself opens on Saturday June 18, 9:30, with, around 10:30, a
more (in)formal opening ceremony by the officials with (very) short
speaches and friendly drink served, within the main Hall, while the show
will keep running.

Sunday June 19: show non-stop, from 9:30 to 18:00

2 lectures (not 3) related to the theme are sceduled for Saturday afternoon
(15:00) and Sunday morning (10:30) in a side room so as not to disturb the
trading activities.

We expect most of the last year dealers confirming their table reservation.
As all tables were fully booked, I would appreciate receiving reservation
requests from newcomers not too late in 2005, wishing to satisfy (almost)
every demand.
The table prices does not change.

A detailed circular is now being drawn and will be distributed around,
hopefully also during the next Tucson event.

For table reservations and any further information, the best is to contact
me in advance by mail before, for dealers, sending me a full confirmed
registration later.
Also sending me your wishes through the List can be informative for all the
other list members who like to know who is wishing to participate (I hope
the list moderator could accept such posts).

The circular will involve a list of the 3 hotels available in and nearby
Ensisheim, with phone contacts (they speak English and German). In 2006 a
new modern hotel (40 rooms) will open next to the Palace in Ensisheim.

Hoping that the Euro/$ ratio will not be too much unfavorable in 2005 for
our overseas guests. According to preliminary requirements I already
received from the US, we expect that this time the attendence will be more
"intercontinental" (say: "universal", as we never exclude any invader from
space, especially when its arrival is unexpected...).

I am ready to read any of your comments and will be happy to answer any
further question or request.

All the best to all of you and, in advance, vary happy Christmas and New
Year holidays,

Zelimir

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace