[meteorite-list] Re: Tucson Show, Party, Harvey Awards, Venue, etc.

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 17 13:34:49 2004

> Yes - this is what I meant.... is there space in the room of the AAPS
buffet where the meteorite folks could congregate for a meal.

Dear Michael:

I expect that would work. George Winters at AAPS who is organizing the
event said they were prepared to serve about 150 people. The Mineral
and Fossil Co-op is a big space, so there should be plenty of room.
Here is all the info:

http://www.aaps.net/meetings.htm

You can buy dinner tix during the week from the AAPS booth at the
InnSuites. If you and some of the guys want to organize to go together
and sit together, I'm sure you can manage it with no problem, but I'm
going to be too busy with the party and awards to coordinate that, so
it's up to you. However, I am planning on going to the AAPS event
before the party, myself. Their dinner and auction is a lot of fun, and
for worthy causes too (paleontology scholarships, etc.)

> and then go to the area (still not to clear to me) where the awards
will be at say 9PM??

Exactly. The Co-op is at 1635 North Oracle, and literally right next
door to the hotel where we're thinking of holding the party. You must
have gone to Blaine Reed's room during your many visits to the gem
show? Well, it's that same hotel (now called the Arizona Plaza, 1601
North Oracle) where we're hoping to have the party and awards -- either
in their lounge bar or their ballroom. Same place where Black Hills
Institute, Bill Mason, and many others have set up in the past. I am
currently discussing options with the hotel manager.

It's a very good idea to have Jim and Paul to post all the info on The
Meteorite Exchange Tucson Show page when we get it sorted out. I'll
post the info to them and to the List when everything is finalized, but
I think we've probably covered this in enough detail for now : )

Thank you all for your input. See you in a few weeks.

Geoff N.