[meteorite-list] Harvey Awards

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Dec 22 16:04:44 2004

An Harvey award is sort of like a nobel prize except
that it is more important.
In order to win a harvey award you have to do
something spectacular, significant and of utmost
importance to humanity that wil be remembered for
thousands of years. (Either that or buy geoff notkin a
beer).
On the very first Harvey award ceremony in human
history I got my very own harvey award and it is
valued like actors winning an oscar.
But for some reason last year I never won an harvey
award. I waited and waited and waited and waited as
one by one hundreds and hundreds of names got called
out but nothing for me. I left the awards ceremony
just as empty and sad as the pellisons after a sale.
Whats up with that? Shouldent have poor little ole me
win one last year to? And since I will miss Tucson
this year I will not get one this year either - coming
up empty two years in a row.
Life will never be the same.
But I will be there in spirit as the awards get handed
out - sort of like the ghosts of harveys past.
Cheers
DEAN