[meteorite-list] Harvey Nininger photographs added toNiningerMoments

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Dec 22 18:07:11 2004

Hi Mark and all,

Mark, adding the photos to the Nininger Moments is really a very nice touch and
it is good to see some of the old photos again. Nininger Cutting specimens is
one of my favorites. I see the pictures from the old Meteorite Museum and just
wish I could spend a couple of hours there, back in that time to look at all the
fantastic meteorites that were on display and even to just look around at the
museum itself. The picture of the old museum on route 66 is also a classic and
it is good to see the museum intact. No doubt taken before the bypass that took
away over half of Nininger's visitors at that time.

Harvey had to compete with so many tourist traps where people making claims to
have items of public interest were nothing more than elaborate schemes to get
them to spend their vacation money. Many people walking in to Nininger's Museum
of Meteorites often thought it was yet another tourist trap only to find a
professional display of more meteorite types than any where else in the United
States.

The pictures are again a very nice touch to an excellent area on your website
and I might add that there are plenty of other areas on Mark's website that are
well worth the look and great for research. Please keep up the good work!

--AL Mitterling