[meteorite-list] CBN blades

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Dec 28 13:38:43 2004

Hi Andreas,

Hard to say what the problem is without some other imput. First it depends what
you were cutting. If you were cutting urelite then if you got one cut out of it
you were lucky. If you are cutting stony then something is wrong. If you are
cutting iron then maybe you have run into carbos (small little diamonds) or a
lot of schreibersite plates. The problem could be with the blades themselves not
well made (usually the adhesive that binds the cutting material on the blade can
be bad, or the way it was fused on the blade.

The cutting material on the blade could also be bad and not as hard as it
should. Sometimes it has to do with the cutting fluid and the angles it goes on
at. Sometimes items cut really well and other times when the fluid isn't
adjusted right then it can cause cutting problems. I myself have been
experiencing cutting problems with these blades (and why I have responded) and
it leads me to believe that there is a problem in their manufacturing somehow.
They are useful but if they don't last then they are useless. All my best to you
and everyone else who finds this useful.

--AL Mitterling