[meteorite-list] NWA 2677 and Al Mahbas

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Dec 28 15:09:34 2004

Hello List,

My NWA 2677 and Al Mahbas pieces from the Birdsells arrived today.
Exotic rarities and beautiful beyond compare !!! The NWA 2677 iron
(formerly IIICD but now classified as IAB sublass LM or sLM*) sure is
something to die for - the only etch patterns (that I know!) that can
compete with it are that of Carbo and Tambo Quemado. So you better
hurry as there are only 4 slices left!

* see David Weir's website for excellent details!

Al Mahbas is a beauty in its own right. Beautiful olivines displaying that
iridescent schiller effect that Jeff Kuyken described a few days ago and
a honeycomb-structure crust (I have an endcut) make this pallasite something
you have never seen before!

Best wishes,

Bernd