[meteorite-list] marines....OT

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:59 2004

Well I don't know about the rest of my veteran and non veteran
associates but I "joined" before I was drafted. I also enlisted to get
some fantastic schooling opportunities. I also went for it to get away
from mommy and daddy and to travel at government expense. I went
because I was young. When I enlisted, we had enjoyed indoor plumbing
for only 6 years, I had never seen a peterbuilt truck, did not know what
 a "Howard Johnson's " was. To see greater things is good.
Joining the military is the single best thing that ever happened to the
hick kid from the back woods of Michigan.
I advocate all post High School students to see the world and travel at
government expense.

Meteorite plug....now when I learn of meteorite activities in foreign
lands, I can visualize and dream about the adventurous meteorite
hunters. Many countries I did not visit, but many many of my
associates of the military that I served with did travel to these exotic
lands and thus by second hand stories, I have been a bit closer. There
are not many places around the world that the US Navy hasn't been close to.

Witnessing other cultures sure makes me appreciate the one we have here
in the USA.

Come on all of you big strong men, Uncle Sam he needs your help

Dave Freeman