[meteorite-list] Re:(Off Topic) marines/ hunting time

From: Mikestockj_at_aol.com <Mikestockj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:31:59 2004

-------------------------------1073501830

In a message dated 1/7/2004 11:38:30 AM Mountain Standard Time,
mike40_at_comcast.net writes:
One Former Active duty Marine collects them now and deeply regrets the
time he spent in the NCO club instead of searching the Mojave desert for
meteorites or just plain skywatching under a truly dark sky.
Mike
That reminds me of the year I spent in Pecos NM. I worked on a construction
project that was poorly managed. I only worked about 5-10 hours per week. The
rest of the time was spent doing nothing (actually spent most of it doing the
same thing you probably did in the NCO club). This was when I first got
interested in meteorites and Pecos is only 10 miles from Glorieta Mountain. To make
matters worse one of the pieces of standard issue equipment with the company I
was working for was a metal detector!
I have stopped by there to hunt on my way down to Tucson but so far have not
found any. I still wonder how many I could have found if I had spent even a
part of those 1000-1500 hours hunting. Let's not even mention if members of my
job crew would have came with.
Mike

Mike Jensen
Bill Jensen
Jensen Meteorites
16730 E Ada PL
Aurora, CO 80017-3137
303-337-4361
Web Site: Jensen Meteorites

-------------------------------1073501830

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type charset=3DUTF-8 content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.100" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 1/7/2004 11:38:30 AM Mountain Standard Time, mike40_at_=
comcast.net writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>One Former Active duty Marine collects them no=
w and deeply regrets the<BR>time he spent in the NCO club instead of searchi=
ng the Mojave desert for<BR>meteorites or just plain skywatching under a tru=
ly dark sky.&nbsp; </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>Mike</DIV>
<DIV>That reminds me of the&nbsp;year I spent in Pecos NM. I worked on a con=
struction project that was poorly managed. I only worked about 5-10 hours pe=
r week. The rest of the time was spent doing nothing (actually spent most of=
 it doing the same thing you probably did in the NCO club). This was when I=20=
first got interested in meteorites and Pecos is only 10 miles from Glorieta=20=
Mountain. To make matters worse one of the pieces of standard issue equipmen=
t with the company I was working for was a metal detector!</DIV>
<DIV>I have stopped by there to hunt on my way down to Tucson but so far hav=
e not found any. I still wonder how many I could have found if I had spent e=
ven a part of those 1000-1500 hours hunting. Let's not even&nbsp;mention&nbs=
p;if members of my job crew would have came with.</DIV>
<DIV>Mike</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 PTSIZE=3D"10">Mike Jensen<BR>Bill Jensen<BR>Jensen Meteo=
rites<BR>16730 E Ada PL<BR>Aurora, CO 80017-3137<BR>303-337-4361<BR>Web Site=
: <A href=3D"http://jensenmeteorites.com/">Jensen Meteorites</A> </FONT></DI=