[meteorite-list] Nice cut meteorite pic

From: pkmorgan_at_rmci.net <pkmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:10 2004

Hello Roman and List,
I too have wondered about very small chondrules in an ordinary chondrite.
I believe some classes such as CO are known for this but are there any
ordinary chondrites that are known particularly for their small chondrule
size?

Jeff posted some pics for me a while back at:
http://www.meteoritesaustralia.com/space/nwachondrules.html
My scans aren't nearly as nice as Roman's :-(

Note that the width of the actual piece is less than an inch so should be
close in actual size to what Roman posted.

The first is a polished piece that got really dark so the picture has been
lightened, the second is true color off the saw. There are a couple of
chondrules that I would consider more common in size, but most are quite
small.

Are these pieces long lost cousins?

Regards to all,
Phil