[meteorite-list] Visit at the geological museum in Copenhagen.

From: Solvænget <lbp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 9 04:34:09 2004

Hello list

I just visited the geological museum in Copenhagen - just as a normal visitor - and I was disappointed, to say the least.

The museum is supposed to house one of the fines collections in the world, but does not show it to the public.

I have a meeting with the curator later this summer, and will ask questions why their collection is not on display (except from a few specimens)

Even the big 20 ton Agpalilik, on display in the courtyard, is neglected and becoming overgrown with weeds!

The smaller 3,4 ton Savik is also on display in the courtyard.

If anyone would like to see pictures, I can send to you on request.

So at the moment I can not recommend anyone to travel far to see the exhibition.

Best wishes from Denmark
Lars Pedersen