[meteorite-list] curious....curiously enough!

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 21 15:31:48 2004

Dear Adam, Dave, and List;
As you all notice, the small potatoes feller that I are :-\ , I try to
not really get too active in actually buying and selling meteorites
these days. It is much easier to sell odd stuff like magnetite,
anorthosite, things that are visually, or mineralogically related to
meteorites than play with those lacking moral compass ( I do like your
choice of words).

Yup, there are a lot of question marks in many auctions.
I sort of think, to a degree, that that is one of the benefits of the
Tucson show (and this list), and other meetings as it gives us all a
chance to pass on verbally among good friends who has been a great
dealer to be associated with, and who is not. Hopefully during a couple
seasons of good, bad, and ugly, those with the heading not of true north
when they speak, will fall by the way side. I admit that I would not
 ever deal with a couple of our fellows who are controversial here on
the list, and on ebay.

 It is very important as you note, to note those who do us proud in our
transactions.

One of my personal favorites usually has the left over keg in his room
with his brother, and the other set of brothers from the same state are
right up there too, along with the other inhabitants of that region.
And to that, add a Bob.

 It is really hard to keep a short list of solid reliable "go PTO's".
Oops, Dave and Adam have always been reliable and honestly thought of in
the circles I travel.

 From small potato head quarters........
Dave Freeman mjwy
Spud here watched the lunar landing on a 18" black and white with the
family, we got two channels. Made life easy, watch one or the other. I
was 15 and a junior in high school. We had a new kitchen and only three
years earlier, got indoor plumbing! When it all happened, there was a
small doubt that we were really there, and someone jumped and we all
jumped. Walter Conkrite was a God.........