[meteorite-list] OT Transit of Venus

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 8 03:43:45 2004

Hiho,

here in Munich are perfect conditions! Easily to see with unaided but protected eyes, a sharp dot creeping slooooooooowly over the disk of the sun.
In my 8"-SC - just great, never saw such a large Venus! Unfortunately only a view small sun spots, some larger would have made a greater view.
I put the telescope in front of the house on sidewalk and although the news yesterday were full with reports on this upcoming once-in-a-life-time event, the people are passing, no one ask to take a look. Only a worker from a nearby construction site outed to be informed and took a glimpse.

But now I've got to go back!
Bye
Martin