[meteorite-list] Meteorite eBay Bidding Comment

From: Ken O'Neill <kenoneill_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 11 10:23:43 2004

Hi Mike and all,

It is frustrating to get "sniped" but I find it necessary to bid this way. A
lot of the meteorite auctions are from the US and tend to end 2 am to 5 am
my local time. I am asleep when the auctions end. The only sure fire way I
can ensure a bid is placed is by using a sniping service such as
www.auctionstealer.com
I have also lost out on items on which I would have placed a bid, due to
unforeseen circumstances keeping me away from a PC. If I use a sniping
service I have the general assurance I won't fail to get a bid in on any
item I really want. The bid is placed on time regardless of my location.

Bear in mind too that a snipe will never win if your bid is higher than the
snipe, no matter when you placed your bid.

Good luck in your future auctions.

Regards

Ken O'Neill