[meteorite-list] Re: Humo(u)r 101

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jun 12 02:48:19 2004

bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de writes:

> Comparing Doug to J. Warren
> is as provocatively mean and sarcastic....[snip]....

 It is? Really? Moments after he posts "If I wanted to hear an asshole I
would have farted"? You're aligning yourself with THAT, to oppose "meanness
and sarcasm" on the list? Wow. I just want to go on record as being
unapologetically opposed to that kind of inexcusably boorish post, no matter who offers
it, and I am frankly more than a little surprised and saddened that Bernd
feels compelled to defend its writer.

> .....[snip].....trying to make someone believe that I
> thought that the June 06 invasion of the Allied Forces in Normandy was a
> mistake.

I didn't "try to make anyone believe" anything, Bernd, I merely wrote to you
and you alone, and asked you to clarify a list-comment you made. * Sigh*
OK, since you have chosen to dredge all this up again, Bernd......on the D-Day
anniversary you expressed what we all obviously feel, sorrow for the lives
lost at Normandy, but you then curiously wrote "When will we ever learn?" I
didn't understand that, so I asked you off-list, one-on-one, very sincerely, very
innocently and without the remotest inference or "sarcasm" (re-read it and
re-post it if you like), for you to clarify that curious remark. Unless I'm
missing something (which is what I asked you to supply), there don't seem to be
too many different interpretations of it, other than "Had we learned some
(as-yet undefined) lesson by that day in 1944, Normandy could have been avoided."
I merely privately asked you to explain what you meant by that, but I PUBLICLY
got an ON-list smear, with no subsequent apology until this highly-diluted
and conditional one, a week later. I'm still patiently waiting for the answer
to my polite question, by the way. But would you please keep it off-list,
though, as I have tried to do since the beginning?

My apologies to everyone else (if anyone else is still reading ;-) for having
this little tiff rise from the dead. Bernd, to follow is a sincere OFF-LIST
request that you & I clear the air of whatever it is that has fouled it, so
the list might be spared this sort of thing again any time soon....barring the
return of Joel Warren (the First). ;-)

Back to meteorites?!

     Gregory