[meteorite-list] Meteor Reported in Australia

From: Marc D. Fries <m.fries_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 30 14:31:00 2004

I guess it comes down to what the eyewitness meant by "zig zagging". If
we're talking about some corkscrewing motion through the sky then I can
believe it was a tumbling meteorite, but if it rapidly changed direction
then my vote is for a large, tumbling, very-low-density-by-comparison
chunk of expended rocket stage or the like.

Cheers,
MDF

--
Marc D. Fries, Ph.D.