[meteorite-list] Meteor Reported in Australia

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 30 14:24:35 2004

Juris, indeed, most meteors we all know are moving so fast and burn up. These large ones that drop meteorites slow down enough that the air pressures on the body can move it around. I think it would be extremely rare anyway, but with an odd shaped meteorite, and a hard one like an iron, when it slows down enough, I would think that the air can easily force it to rotate and spin.
Mike Farmer