[meteorite-list] Meteor Reported in Australia

From: JPBrockets_at_aol.com <JPBrockets_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 30 14:13:29 2004

In a message dated 6/30/2004 11:57:38 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
meteoritehunter_at_comcast.net writes:
Portales Valley was spinning when it fell, so I think that if the body has a
strange angled shape, that it can tumble, or spin while falling, I doubt
that it was zig zagging as in changing directions like they suggest.
Mike Farmer
Hello Mike and List Members:

I have seen my fair share of meteors - and can only once remember one
deviating from a straight path. It had the SLIGHTEST of ziggs to one side about half
way through its flight. This meteor was one of two that were a couple of
seconds apart, in parallel paths almost right on top of each other. These are
also the only two meteors I have ever heard - with a distinct "woosh" after they
passed. They left a trail that lingered about for 30 seconds or so.

Now in all fairness, this event happened 30 or so years ago.... I do have one
witness. My sister was there with me and remembers the two meteors. Further
details however are lacking in her memory.

Juris Breikss
jpbrockets_at_aol.com