[meteorite-list] Tucson Party + "Meteorite" Mag. News

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:44 2004

Greetings Dear Listees:

A belated "thank you" to all of our many friends and colleagues who
attended the fifth annual Arnold/Notkin birthday bash during the
Tucson show, back on Friday Feb. 6. Geoff Cintron of Island Meteorite
took some great photos for me, but I haven't had time to post them
yet. Also, hats off to Allan Lang and Michael Blood for their great
Tucson auction events, and congrats to our dashing and daring 2004
Harvey Award winners:

- John Gwilliam and Bob Holmes [ for the 2003 Tucson Documentary ]

- Mike Farmer [ Most likely to jump on a plane in search of
meteorites award ]

- Mike & Bill Jensen and Anne Black [ for "Meteorites from A to Z" ]

- Jim Tobin and Paul Harris [ for "Meteorite Times" and Meteorite
Exchange ]

- Allan Lang [ Lifetime achievement ]

- Mysterious creator of the Proud Tom website (award accepted on
his/her behalf by Steve Arnold, Chicago)

The party was -- as usual -- a most enjoyable event for my co-host
Steve Arnold IMB and myself, due in large part to the high spirits of
our guests. Watch the skies: the Meteor Mayhem Birthday Bash will
return in 2005!

In other news: "Meteorite" magazine subscribers will likely already
be aware that our favorite magazine has, with the latest issue,
commenced its tenth year of publication. In addition, Aaron Schiff --
son of "Meteorite" magazine editor/publisher Joel Schiff -- was
married to his fiancee Yuka, in New Zealand this past week. For many
years Aaron has been ably handling the page layout, typesetting, and
production for "Meteorite," so most of us are very familiar with his
work. Joel is not on the M-List, but any subscribers who would like
to send congratulations to the family -- for the wedding or the tenth
anniversary or both -- can reach Joel at this address:
jschiff_at_ihug.co.nz

New List members not familiar with "Meteorite" magazine should check
out their website: http://www.meteor.co.nz

Finally, on a personal note, I announced at the birthday party that I
have recently relocated to the great city of Tucson, Arizona, where
I seem to have quite a number of famous meteorite-hunting neighbors!
I have been here since early January and can no longer even remember
where New York is : )

Regards to all,

Geoff N.