[meteorite-list] An insight to Amgala and other recent falls

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:44 2004

Dearest Gregory,
            You are right on on some things and way off on others. IE:
you are QUITE right about not being able to get two dealers to agree
on anything longer than a few minutes, let alone 3 or more dealers.
Any hallucinations of "price fixing" are worthy of a hash pipe.
HOWEVER, regardless of whether you (or I or anyone else) likes
being "in the know" about what was paid by whom and when is
quite secondary to the "my dog is bigger than your dog" tone of
said discussions. It is that "tone" of the discussion to which I
was protesting, not the content, itself.
        If people want to huff and puff and see who can pee highest
up the wall - REGARDLESS OF CONTENT, they should do it AT LEAST
off this list, and preferably in private - but DEFINATELY off the list.
        Again, it doesn't matter what the content issue is - it is the
PROCESS that is the point. There is PLENTY of information I would
like to have, but no mater WHAT the info is, bringing it out in the
context of a "my dad can beat up your dad" format on the list
isn't OK.
       (I will refrain form mentioning MULTIPLE specifics of things
written that SPECIFICALLY violated list rules in the above exchanges -
as doing so is just one other way of putting it on the list).
        BTW - I quite agree - the content was most interesting.....
        I always appreciate your wit and perspective, Gregory, but
on this one..... well, maybe after reading the above you now agree
with me? If not - no prob.
        Best wishes, yer bud, Michael

--
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" I think he probably
meant don't kill them.
           Anonymous
--
For perspective, try THIS:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html
--
cool message fro Ben & Jerry:
www.TrueMajority.org/oreo
--
AMAZING photos of Aurora Borealis, etc.
http://faculty.rmwc.edu/tmichalik/atmosphere.htm
--
Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--