[meteorite-list] avoid 11 new ebay auctions- can IMCA help?

From: Arizona Keith <arizonakeith_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:45 2004

Hello List

Avoid Steve Arnold of Chicago auctions, unless you want to be ripped off.

I just got the stuff from I won from Steve Arnold Chicago weeks ago.

First he shows the meteorite in a Riker boxes in his auctions, but I never
got the boxes, items showed up in plastic bags.
He never stated that the box were not part of the auction, his new auction
do state this.

Second he list a .4 gram NWA 595 Brachinite, he sent me only .27 gram with a
label stating that amount.

I email Steve, he has not email me back. but posted this ad.

Can the IMCA help, making sure it dealer account for there actions and
statements or can the IMCA even help with this, he's did sell a meteorite,
but did mislead bidders and did a bate and switch.

And why the name IMCA and not IMDA, It's mostly dealers using this, not
protecting meteorite collectors, only dealers.

Thanks again for your time.

Keith V.
The proudest Non-member of the IMCA.
Chandler AZ