[meteorite-list] Amgala Images!

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:45 2004

Dear List Members,

Been having trouble with email today, hope this does not post twice.

We would like to introduce you to some images of the new Amgala (Proprietary
Provisional In-house Name) fall. We had over 30 List members privately
express an interest in this new fall so here we go:

The Mother Load:
http://www.lunarrock.com/amgala/AmgalaBatch.jpg

Some close-ups of oriented and complete specimens:
http://www.lunarrock.com/amgala/AmgalaLipover.jpg
http://www.lunarrock.com/amgala/AmgalaOriented.jpg
http://www.lunarrock.com/amgala/AmgalaCrust.jpg
http://www.lunarrock.com/amgala/AmgalaComplete.jpg

Some images of a cut surface showing dual lithologies. Unfortunately it is
hard to capture images that show the true beauty of this new meteorite:
http://www.lunarrock.com/amgala/AmgalaSlice1.jpg
http://www.lunarrock.com/amgala/AmgalaSlice2.jpg

We are cataloging the weight of each specimen so that an average size for
the entire fall can be approximated. It will be interesting to see what the
average fall weight will be in comparison to the average weight of a find. I
suspect the individual specimen weight will be somewhat less for a fall in
comparison to a find. This is because the smaller specimens are easier to
find for a fall. We have been asked to be responsible and catalog the entire
fall which we intend to do, somehow.

A problem arose almost immediately as a weathered find was being mixed in
with the fall skewing the numbers at first. Fortunately, it was easy to
separate the find from the fall because it is a black chondrite weathering
level 2. It also messed with some field coordinates which has since been
corrected.

We feel it would be irresponsible of use to release any of this to the
general public until we acquire more lab results, possibly as soon as this
Friday. We will however honor deals promised to List members in private
ahead of time once the weights are recorded this afternoon. We hope this
delay does not cause grief for those willing to wait as we will offer
gorgeous specimens at reasonable prices once we get a handle on TKW and
Classification data.

Thank you for the interest,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection