[meteorite-list] Re: [MeteoriteCollectors] membership drive?

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:50 2004

--part1_1c2.164577c9.2d86b265_boundary

En un mensaje con fecha 03/14/2004 7:39:23 PM Mexico Standard Time,
thebigcollector_at_msn.com escribe:

> I missed my chance to meet Doug at Tucson and I now regret that. Of
> course, he hasn't ever been very vocal until.....well about after Tucson.

Hola Mark,

We met and spoke twice in Tucson, just you were suffering severely from
poisoning. I offered to bring you some aspirins in the evening at Blaine's, and
the next day I spent 20 minutes trying to tracking down Dean, after we chatted
at hamburger tables. Dean, it turned out actuallty found you first ... So it
is I who regret that the timing of our meetings wasn't better. You really
deserve a giant public congratulations for your efforts to add meteorite content
to the internet.

As for the IMCA, well, starting today I'm apparently a member as my
application from last year was found in whatever circular file it was placed in. So I
can say at least the IMCA is on the right track by rescuing new memberships -
and the rest is up to the members and the facilitators in the definition of
its mission which clearly needs some discipline at this point in my opinion.

With reference to being the new kid on the block, that's me. And I'm glad to
be here. After a few decades of watching meteors in mosquito and coyote
nights, and wishing upon a star with all my heart to witness a real bolide it's
probably about time to hang out with some other respectful like-minded people.

Atentos Saludos
Doug

--part1_1c2.164577c9.2d86b265_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">En un mensaje con fecha 03/14/2004=20=
7:39:23 PM Mexico Standard Time, thebigcollector_at_msn.com escribe:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I missed my chance to meet Doug=
 at Tucson and I now regret that.&nbsp; Of course, he hasn't ever been very=20=
vocal until.....well about after Tucson.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Hola Mark,<BR>
<BR>
We met and spoke twice in Tucson, just you were suffering severely from pois=
oning.&nbsp; I offered to bring you some aspirins in the evening at Blaine's=
, and the next day I spent 20 minutes trying to tracking down Dean, after we=
 chatted at hamburger tables.&nbsp; Dean, it turned out actuallty found you=20=
first ...&nbsp; So it is I who regret that the timing of our meetings wasn't=
 better.&nbsp; You really deserve a giant public congratulations for your ef=
forts to add meteorite content to the internet.<BR>
<BR>
As for the IMCA, well, starting today I'm apparently a member as my applicat=
ion from last year was found in whatever circular file it was placed in.&nbs=
p; So I can say at least the IMCA is on the right track by rescuing new memb=
erships - and the rest is up to the members and the facilitators in the defi=
nition of its mission which clearly needs some discipline at this point in m=
y opinion.<BR>
<BR>
With reference to being the new kid on the block, that's me.&nbsp; And I'm g=
lad to be here.&nbsp; After a few decades of watching meteors in mosquito an=
d coyote nights, and wishing upon a star with all my heart to witness a real=
 bolide it's probably about time to hang out with some other respectful like=
-minded people.<BR>
<BR>
Atentos Saludos<BR>
Doug</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1c2.164577c9.2d86b265_boundary--