[meteorite-list] Perry to Nininger Letter; Oct. 4, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 14 09:37:37 2004

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)
October 4, 1952

Dear Harvey,
I have been checking with Henderson on the list of meteorites that you submitted some time ago, and have arrived at a proposition which I am going to put up to you with the hope that it will be acceptable. The Museum has all but the following:
2 Akron No. 462.3
4 Briscoe Co. 477.1
6 Chamberlin 474.4
11 Ferguson Switch 513.2
12 Fleming 461.4
17 Horace 448.9
19 Leeds 69.4
23 Lubbock 431.4
35 Springfield 379.13
37 Township 8, 377.1
40 Whitman 418.5
41 Wilburton 463/2
There you list at $1,107.84, but it is probably that some of them are related. The Museum thinks the price should be somewhat less, and it also wants a second slice of Leeds, and especially a slice of Horse Creek.
So this is the proposition. I will pay you $750 for the specimens listed, plus a second slice of Leeds, and a slice of Horse Creek. The Museum could remove the slice, a thin one, with a little reduction of size or value of the mass. All these I should present to the Museum.
Thanks for your letter of September 27. I will get at the little iron as soon as I can, but my man at Ann Arbor is busy with work on the last volume of the Album of photomicrographs. He has quite a lot of specimens that he is working on, and I want him to get them out of the way before he does anything with this little iron, which may turn out to be very valuable
Getting out this eighth and last volume is a tremendous job. I was working on it more or less all summer, and still am. But it is about three-quarters done, and I am sure it will be finished before we go to Tucson.
I should greatly enjoy visiting you at Winslow, but if that is not feasible maybe we shall have the pleasure of seeing you in Tucson again.
Cordially,
(Stuart Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original sent to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)

Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor and meteorite articles.