[meteorite-list] Nininger to Perry Letter; Oct. 10, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 14 09:39:29 2004

American Meteorite Museum Letterhead)
AMERICAN METEORITE MUSUEM
OPPOSITE METEOR CRATER ON HIGHWAY 66
POST OFFICE BOX 1171
WINSLOW ARIZONA

October 10, 1952
Dear Stuart:
I'm sorry, but I cannot accept a reduction in the prices listed on specimens. I always try to set a reasonable price based on the cost of collecting, ect. Our prices are usually lower then have been charged for comparable material by regular dealers and in our case each meteorite represents field work often quite expensive.
We are selling some of these duplicates to get enough money to build for ourselves a comfortable little cottage. We've been living in one room for six years and we think it is time for us to have some of the comforts of life.
We have given the U.S. Museum first chance at these and are holding off several collectors until we get your decision.
Regarding the Horse Creek and a second slice of Leeds, I promise you and Henderson first chance when we are ready to offer them. This should not be too long.
We trust that we shall see you and Mrs. Perry this winter.
Cordially yours,
(signed)
H.H. Nininger
HHN: AN