[meteorite-list] Another fake name, serious business

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 17 02:38:55 2004

on 11/16/04 10:58 PM, minador at minador_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I agree with Mike and Adam on this one.
--------
Hi Mark & all,
        SO DO I. I don't think ANYONE disagrees!
        I agree there must be consistent and absolutely clear identification
of all material sold. I agree with all the issues brought up EXCEPT public
chastisement of reputable dealers prior to personal contact for
clarification.
        The only thing I ever disagreed with was public mud slinging prior
to contact with the individuals involved.
        ET's post was certainly clear and understandable to me and assured
me he was in no way attempting to pull a scam. I also KNOW him to be
a dealer that stands behind his word 100% & for life. Mike even acknowledged
ET's response as entirely satisfactory.
        My objection was the accusation of a scam being perpetrated by an
honorable dealer. For this, I was accused of attempting to protect my self
interest (of which I had none) and "polishing turds."
        I am flabbergasted.
        I really don't deal with that many dealers - Matt Morgan, Mike
Farmer, Jim Strope, ET, the Hupes, Oscar & Eduardo, Eric Twelker - and a
dozen others you would all recognize instantly - they ALL would rather die
than sell something other than what they say it is. At least that has been
my experience. Eric Olson sold me some of that Russian "pallasite" a couple
of years ago - when I sent it back to him over a year later when it finally
became clear it wasn't righteous, he sent me a full refund IMMEDIATELY.
ANY dealer that does NOT guarantee EVERYTHING he sells to be what he
claims it to be with a 100% refund FOR LIFE is, in my opinion, not someone
anyone should do business with.
        AND NONE OF THIS MAKES IT OK TO ATTACK REPUTABLE INDIVIDUALS
PUBLICLY WITHOUT ADDRESSING THEM PERSONALLY FIRST.
        I won't say any more on the issue. That's it - If y'all don't get
the point - I give up. OK, you don't get the point.
        Best wishes, Michael