[meteorite-list] AW: NWA's, "Dealers", Science, NomCom & IMCA

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Nov 26 07:06:52 2004

Hi Bernhard, Mark, and List,

First, be assured that the "IMCA" is watching this discussion with
great interest - if you are referring to its Board Members. At least
I am. However, if you have questions, or some critical remarks, please
address them directly to the IMCA Board, or address them on the proper
platform which would be the IMCA list. Remember, not all IMCA Members
or IMCA Board Members do subscribe to the MeteoriteCentral mailing list.

Second, you are certainly correct - the communication inside the IMCA
could and should be better, but that's something that doesn't just
involve "the Board" since the IMCA wasn't designed to be a one-way
street. As IMCA members you are part of the IMCA, so please don't play
"us and them". The people on the Board all do their job on a voluntary
basis, and for no profit. They are spending hours and hours behind the
scenes (besides their daily full-time jobs, their family life, and other
involvements), and they are also working, and discussing along the
lines that have been discussed over here.

As for the NWA dilemma, pairing issue, and all the other issues
involved, we have no easy solution at hands (did you expect us to?).
If you ask for my personal opinion as a meteorite collector, and
IMCA member I'll be glad to share my thoughts. But I can't speak
for the Board so you'll have to wait for a communique, or whatever
we'll come up with.

Anyway, thanks for speaking up. We appreciate your input.

Best,
Norbert Classen
IMCA #7606